My daughter Cayleigh (7) loves all of the Disney channel shows. Give her iCarly, Hannah Montana, and more and she is one happy camper. She feels older and I feel safe letting her watch the shows. Last evening my sister took her to go see the Hannah Montana movie. She was so excited to go and I can’t wait to hear how it all went this morning. Thankfully, Jakks.com was there to prepare her for fun movie going. They have all of the Hannah Montana must have toys.
Accessorize like Hannah
Hannah Wig - The girls who like Hannah want to be like Hannah. Though my daughter already has the dirty blond hair that Miley Cyrus puts on it still isn’t as long and “just” right. She can transform into Hannah just like Miley does with the Hannah Montana Wig. With this easy to put on hairstyle she can get the Best of Both Worlds.
Rock out like Hannah
Hannah Montana Keyboard – Play along to three songs on the Hannah Montana Keyboard. With multiple effects and an attached microphone your child can jam out to Lifes What You Make It, We Got the Party and Nobodys Perfect. My children liked the microphone more than the keyboard but when they play “Rock Star” it certainly comes in handy!
Play with Hannah
Every since HM became a worldwide sensation (and perhaps even before) there have been dolls to go along with it. I know I played with Barbies when I was younger and loved it. Now little girls have dolls that go along with their favorite television shows and movies.
Quick Switch 2-in-1 Hannah/Miley Doll – This doll brings Hannah and Miley together. With a change of clothes you can switch back and forth between the two. Spin the top of her head her hair will switch from blonde to brown. The spinning is a bit odd, but my daughter really enjoyed it even if it skeeved me out twisting the top of the dolls head. My daughter loves the ability to have both the “girls” in one doll. She is able to act out the movie with it, especially the scene where Miley keeps switching from Hannah and back multiple times.
Hannah Montana Doll & Horse Figure - Doll and horse combo brings your child right into the movie. I went and watched the movie before I had my daughter go. So I was able to see the whole thing. The horse and doll look exactly like the movie. The Hannah doll is wearing the exact same outfit she wore in the scene when she saw her horse again.
So when your child wants to have fun and live the Rock Star life like Miley Cyrus and Hannah Montana live make sure to get her the best variety of toys at Jakks Pacific. I love the way their website is layed out. My children like to sit with me while I navigate it. It is the best place to get birth b50 day presents that will be a big hit for any age!
Each Wednesday we will be posting a Mr. Linky for Giveaway Listings. Anyone can post their giveaways here and it’s a great place to find amazing giveaways and a great place to promote yours as well. Our first giveaway linky will post tomorrow Wednesday April 29th. But we don’t have a name. Oh no! We want your input… please cast your vote for a name below or pitch us another one.
The winning name will go up with tomorrow’s Mr. Linky!
We are a klutzy family. We break things, a lot of things. I have broken a Corelle plate before, and my husband has run over two home phones. With every member of our family being like this we need products that are built to last. Products that can be dropped, thrown, covered in water and will not break. When we had the chance to review the new Olympus Stylus Tough Camera everyone was excited to try the tough Digital Camera out.
The Stylus Tough is built for everyone, the highly adventurous family or even the families like mine.
- Shockproof - The Olympus Stylus Tough line are built to be used. My two year old loved this camera, not only because of the vibrant colors but because I didn’t immediately say “No!” and take it away. The shockproof feature protects the camera from bumps, slips, or drops from up to 5 feet. For people like me and my family this is a must have feature in a camera.
- Waterproof - This is a feature we tested and LOVED. My husband dropped the camera into a cup of water and then took a picture. Then we brought it outside and put it down into our goldfish pond. It was still cold outside when we attempted to do so, so the water wasn’t very clear. But the photo still came out 21f0 and we could see the fish. You can bring it up to 10 feet underwater. I can just imagine the beautiful photo’s underwater in the summertime.
- Freezeproof - Sure the weather outside is hot and beautiful (and least here in New England), but that doesn’t last all year round. Feel free to bring the Stylus Tough camera out into the bitter cold weather (14°F/-10°C). It is winterized.
- Tap Control – So perhaps you are outside or underwater using the camera, well how to you view your photo’s? It won’t be easy to press those small buttons. The camera has a tap control that allows you tap the top, sides, or back of the camera to control it. It is a learning curve to figure out which tap does what.
For only $299 the Stylus Tough Series is competitively priced with other digital cameras, yet it has better durability and allows you to take the most unique photos. We will certainly be purchasing this camera in the future to have in our house.
Two things I love? Delicious, low calorie desserts and people who make a difference. Apparently Nestlé and I have a lot in common. They just released the new Nestlé Lil’ Drumsticks, which are basically just like their original drumsticks that I think we can all collectively agree that we know and love, but made them mini and thus lower calorie versions of the original sweet treat. At around 140-150 calories each, these Lil’ Drumsticks are a nice way to reward your kids (or yourselves) with a guilt free dessert on a hot summer day.
I tried a 10 pack variety box that contained both the Cookie Dough flavor and the Chocolate Fudge Brownie, but they also sell them in chocolate with chocolate swirls and vanilla with chocolate swirls. Our verdict was that the Chocolate Fudge Brownie was both delicious and by far superior to the Cookie Dough which was not bad, but not amazing. Still, those Chocolate Fudge Brownie drumsticks were really something else and I know we’ll be buying them again.
But enough about dessert, let’s talk about those amazing children in your life. Namely any lil’ heroes you might know and love. This summer Nestlé is looking for children who have done something to make their neighborhoods or communities a better place. Maybe they’ve helped a friend or classmate in need or shown bravery in a tough situation? I don’t think it’s any secret that kids are capable of extraordinary things.
“Children can accomplish amazing things,” said John Harrison, Official Ice Cream Taster for the Nestlé Drumstick brand. “The Nestlé Drumstick team is delighted to recognize their heroic efforts and reward young heroes for making a positive difference in their communities. Entries will be judged on the child’s accomplishments, as well as the originality and creativity used to achieve their goals.”
10 winning kids will recieve a $1,000 U.S. Savings Bond and enough Nestle Drumstick Lil’ Drumsticks for a celebratory party with 50 friends and family members. Now that’s a sweet deal.
This contest started April 1, 2009 but you have until August 15 to submit an entry.
Adults aged 18+ can submit an entry form along with a 150-500 word story about any amazing children age 6-13 who lives in the US, describing why that child deserves to be a Nestle Drumstick Lil’ Drums Lil’ Hero. For an entry form just go to www.drumstick.com. Winning children will be notified by phone and / or mail throughout the length of the promotion, between June 15, 2009 and September 1, 2009.
We are saving for a house, while paying our current mortgage. Plus between all sorts of bills popping up I’m pretty much without spending money. So lately we have been trying new and fun ways to enjoy life without spending alot. Here are a few ideas we’ve come up with on things to do with the family that are FREE (oh, yes, I said free) that everyone can enjoy.
- Go to a local park. Sure everyone says this, but we barely ever do it. What we’ve been doing is trying new parks. Going out of our 10f8 comfort range and seeing what the local parks have to offer. I never knew that one of our local parks has a Bat House (Not like the Bat Cave), until we went there and read all about it. Take a drive and stop, get out and enjoy. Wonder around and see what you can find. Be sure to bring a camera because the near by Parks and Playgrounds provide the best background for long lasting pictures. Not sure where to go? Check out Kaboom! Where you can see and rate your local playspaces.
- Learn a little (or a lot). Go to your local Museum, Learning Center, or even Zoo. I know, this can be super expensive to do. We have a family of four and I’ve felt the crunch of trying to get us all to go to the Boston Aquarium or one of the other local attractions. What I have learned is that alot of these local places have free days. Once a month, usually on a set day, you can attend for free. So give them all a call and write down those days. Yes, it will be much busier that day but the trip will be worth it. Also, if you are a Bank of America card holder you can go to alot of local attractions for free by just having their card. Look into it B of A customers, it could be well worth it for you!
- Go Camping. In your backyard I mean. Don’t have tents? Put up some bug repelent stuff and drag out the blankets! Enjoy your own backyard in this camping adventure. It’s basically no cost and can be fun for the whole family. Start a safe fire and tells stories around it. Rent a library book about astronomy and look at the stars.
Over the next few weeks I will be growing the list to include more great ideas as me and my family experience them. Is there anything your family likes to do that is free/low cost? I love ideas!