Tomorrow my little girl is celebrating her first birthday! To celebrate, we’re featuring reviews of some terrific baby / toddler products and the companies behind them – and we’ll be throwing some giveaways, too! This is a great opportunity to win a present for any birthday boys or girls in your life so keep checking back this week – it’s going to be a lot of fun!
Today I want to tell you about Rockabye Baby! a collection of CDs featuring lullaby renditions of all your favorite rock bands. From The Beatles to AC/DC to No Doubt – they are sure to have a band that will appeal to you. Baby Blueberry and I received a copy of their Black Sabbath CD to review.
My husband got really excited when this CD showed up in the mail – he is a fan of all the great classic rock bands, Black Sabbath included. We popped the disc into my computer and within seconds the tune of Iron Man began to fill the air – but not quite the Black Sabbath you might expect. Being a lullaby CD for baby, there were no loud guitar riffs or drums – but rather a soft, instrumental rendition instead with mellotrons, vibraphones, bells – and even a few farm animal sounds! Still – it was distinctly Iron Man and we found ourselves nodding our heads along to the music instantly. Want to hear for yourself? You can get a sneak peek of Iron Man from the cd here.
I actually found the music really pleasant to listen to. Being classic Black Sabbath tunes, the songs are catchy and I found I knew a lot of them – but being quiet and soothing lullaby music, I also found it to be really good background music while I worked on my computer. I think if it had been a real Black Sabbath cd I’d have gotten distracted – scratch that, I know I would have! And even better, the baby seems to like the music a lot, too! It actually managed to stop a minor temper tantrum in it’s tracks as she was curious to listen to the music instead. I’d definitely recommend Rockabye Baby to anyone looking for some great kids music that’s also great music - i.e. it won’t make your ears bleed like some of the kids’ music out there! Teach baby to love the same classic rock songs that you do but at a volume that will promote peaceful slumber – another plus for all of us weary parents!
In just about 14 days I will be arriving in New York City to attend my first ever BlogHer conference. I have visited NYC in the past on day trips when I was a peppy little teenager. My high school’s music department would bring us music and theater lovers to the city twice a year to see a show on Broadway. It was always wonderful. The first ever musical I saw on Broadway was Les Miserables. It’s something that I will never forget. Although, my favorite musical I’ve seen was Rent in London – but that’s a whole ‘nother story in itself.
While we won’t have time to take in a show in the city I have many other plans. Some of the things I plan to do:
- Grab hold of my friends and not let them go. Oh, I cannot wait to hug these friends of mine for the first time ever.
- Visit the heart of NYC – Times Square – At night and do a little dance mid-street. Because I can!
- Enjoy the Hilton New York City, because how often does a girl get to stay in a lavish hotel without children? For me… this is probably my third time in a hotel without my children around. The first by my very self. Thank goodness I have some amazing roomates.
- Rock it out at some amazing parties! I’m currently planning to attend: Social Luxe, Peoples Party, Swanky, and Blogalicious.
- Take a tour of the city with Kodak
- Miss my husband and kids like crazy
- And hopefully be one of four woman to win the BlogHer Sponsorships being given away by An Island Life and Barefoot Mommies from Energizer. And if I don’t win I do hope one of the amazing woman I know gets the chance!
- And much more!