Today, July 13th 2010 the Shine On Now program is now open to allow girls nationwide to help American Girl give $1 to four major organizations. They will help out great organizations such as: Kids in Distressed Situations, Saved the Children, National Association of the Children’s Hospitals, and the National Wildlife Federation. By visiting Shine On Now you can contribute a ’star’ for absolutely free. Each star collected (up to 1 million) will be used to help provide clothes, books, dolls and money to the above mentioned organizations. Up to 100 stars can be donated per girl per day! In addition to contributing this free star not only are you helping out your community but you are also being entered to win a new My American Girl doll.
These new My American Girl dolls are something special. I loved Molly and Samantha from the old days, but these dolls? They are spectacular. Each doll is part of an enhanced contemporary product line that allows the girl (or mom) to create a special and unique doll. More about the new My American Girl dolls:
Girls can now create their own doll from 40 different combinations of eye color, hair color and style, and skin tone through a brand-new, innovative online tool. The personalization continues with a variety of special extras such as braces, glasses, and earrings, as well as outfits and accessories that reflect girls’ favorite interests and activities.
To learn more about how to participate in Shine On Now and explore Innerstar University, go to www.shineonnow.com. My American Girl dolls are available starting on July 13, 2010, through American Girl’s consumer catalogue, at www.americangirl.com, and at American Girl retail locations. To request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005.
1 (One) My American Girl Doll a $95 Value to give to the special girl in your life or to donate to a worth cause
How to Enter
- Tell us what your family does or hopes to do in the future to help the community.
- Visit Shine on Now and contribute a star for free. Each star you donate is one entry into this giveaway. Once the star is donated please come back here and leave a comment for each star. Each star that is donated gives you an entry to win a My American Girl doll from the
- Like Shine On Now on Facebook.
- Tweet this giveaway “Share with @MommasReview what you do to help your community for your chance to with an American Girl Doll #shineonnow http://bit.ly/dy22F7″ (once daily)
- I have entered for the opportunity to win a sponsorship to BlogHer from Energizer, tweet about this opportunity as many times per day as you would like. Come back and comment with a link to the tweet for extra entries (unlimited). Need tweetsperation? “Andrea @MommasReview would be a great #energizer Smart ChargHer #BlogHer10 @kailani @BarefootMomma Her entry: http://tinyurl.com/28dk6vz” Extra entry option ends July 20th, 2010.
- Last entry option – Go to Energizers Facebook page and let them know that Andrea from @MommasReview would be a great Energizer Smart ChargHer! (one extra entry) Extra entry option ends July 20th, 2010.
For additional entry options and giveaway rules visit our Extra Giveaway Options page!
This giveaway will close at 12pm EST on July 30th, 2010.
When I think of American Girl I remember the days when I was about my daughter’s age. I remember the love I had for those dolls. Samantha, she was my absolute favorite. I would flip through the catalog for weeks after it arrived in the mail. I treasured each moment I had with the dolls, their accessories, and also reading each book.
When American Girl contacted me to be part of their Parent Partner team I was thrilled. Not only to be teamed up with such a legendary company to me but to be part of their new Shine On Now program. This new program that was released on June 28th, 2010 is a charitable initiative bringing together the power of girls and helping the community. By bringing together the strength of girls nationwide American Girl will be giving away $1 million dollars in dolls, books, clothes, and money to four organizations:
- Kids in Distressed Situation
- National Association of Children’s Hospit 162b als and Related Institutions
- National Wildlife Federation and
- Save the Children
Girls can now sign up on the Shine On Now website to become official American Girl Ambassador. When you sign up as an official ambassador you can download a free tool kit to help the girl in your life be a strong member of the community. The kit will help with tips and ideas for fund-raising, volunteering and donating to the above listed organizations.
To help girls nationwide to be the best they can be American Girl is also launching a virtual campus called Innerstar University™. Innerstar University™ is a fun virtual world where you can take quizzes, play games, and other fun activities. By learning on American Girl’s virtual campus it helps girls learn confidence building skills and strength. This is the sort of learning that is important for me to have my daughter to see and understand.
“American Girl sent me free product samples as a part of my partnership in the Shine On Now™ program. The opinions and content posted here is my own.”