Today, July 13th 2010 the Shine On Now program is now open to allow girls nationwide to help American Girl give $1 to four major organizations. They will help out great organizations such as: Kids in Distressed Situations, Saved the Children, National Association of the Children’s Hospitals, and the National Wildlife Federation. By visiting Shine O 16a0 n Now you can contribute a ’star’ for absolutely free. Each star collected (up to 1 million) will be used to help provide clothes, books, dolls and money to the above mentioned organizations. Up to 100 stars can be donated per girl per day! In addition to contributing this free star not only are you helping out your community but you are also being entered to win a new My American Girl doll.
These new My American Girl dolls are something special. I loved Molly and Samantha from the old days, but these dolls? They are spectacular. Each doll is part of an enhanced contemporary product line that allows the girl (or mom) to create a special and unique doll. More about the new My American Girl dolls:
Girls can now create their own doll from 40 different combinations of eye color, hair color and style, and skin tone through a brand-new, innovative online tool. The personalization continues with a variety of special extras such as braces, glasses, and earrings, as well as outfits and accessories that reflect girls’ favorite interests and activities.
To learn more about how to participate in Shine On Now and explore Innerstar University, go to www.shineonnow.com. My American Girl dolls are available starting on July 13, 2010, through American Girl’s consumer catalogue, at www.americangirl.com, and at American Girl retail locations. To request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005.
1 (One) My American Girl Doll a $95 Value to give to the special girl in your life or to donate to a worth cause
How to Enter
- Tell us what your family does or hopes to do in the future to help the community.
- Visit Shine on Now and contribute a star for free. Each star you donate is one entry into this giveaway. Once the star is donated please come back here and leave a comment for each star. Each star that is donated gives you an entry to win a My American Girl doll from the
- Like Shine On Now on Facebook.
- Tweet this giveaway “Share with @MommasReview what you do to help your community for your chance to with an American Girl Doll #shineonnow http://bit.ly/dy22F7″ (once daily)
- I have entered for the opportunity to win a sponsorship to BlogHer from Energizer, tweet about this opportunity as many times per day as you would like. Come back and comment with a link to the tweet for extra entries (unlimited). Need tweetsperation? “Andrea @MommasReview would be a great #energizer Smart ChargHer #BlogHer10 @kailani @BarefootMomma Her entry: http://tinyurl.com/28dk6vz” Extra entry option ends July 20th, 2010.
- Last entry option – Go to Energizers Facebook page and let them know that Andrea from @MommasReview would be a great Energizer Smart ChargHer! (one extra entry) Extra entry option ends July 20th, 2010.
For additional entry options and giveaway rules visit our Extra Giveaway Options page!
This giveaway will close at 12pm EST on July 30th, 2010.
My daughter Cayleigh (7) loves all of the Disney channel shows. Give her iCarly, Hannah Montana, and more and she is one happy camper. She feels older and I feel safe letting her watch the shows. Last evening my sister took her to go see the Hannah Montana movie. She was so excited to go and I can’t wait to hear how it all went this morning. Thankfully, Jakks.com was there to prepare her for fun movie going. They have all of the Hannah Montana must have toys.
Accessorize like Hannah
Hannah Wig - The girls who like Hannah want to be like Hannah. Though my daughter already has the dirty blond hair that Miley Cyrus puts on it still isn’t as long and “just” right. She can transform into Hannah just like Miley does with the Hannah Montana Wig. With this easy to put on hairstyle she can get the Best of Both Worlds.
Rock out like Hannah
Hannah Montana Keyboard – Play along to three songs on the Hannah Montana Keyboard. With multiple effects and an attached microphone your child can jam out to Lifes What You Make It, We Got the Party and Nobodys Perfect. My children liked the microphone more than the keyboard but when they play “Rock Star” it certainly comes in handy!
Play with Hannah
Every since HM became a worldwide sensation (and perhaps even before) there have been dolls to go along with it. I know I played with Barbies when I was younger and loved it. Now little girls have dolls that go along with their favorite television shows and movies.
Quick Switch 2-in-1 Hannah/Miley Doll – This doll brings Hannah and Miley together. With a change of clothes you can switch back and forth between the two. Spin the top of her head her hair will switch from blonde to brown. The spinning is a bit odd, but my daughter really enjoyed it even if it skeeved me out twisting the top of the dolls head. My daughter loves the ability to have both the “girls” in one doll. She is able to act out the movie with it, especially the scene where Miley keeps switching from Hannah and back multiple times.
Hannah Montana Doll & Horse Figure - Doll and horse combo brings your child right into the movie. I went and watched the movie before I had my daughter go. So I was able to see the whole thing. The horse and doll look exactly like the movie. The Hannah doll is wearing the exact same outfit she wore in the scene when she saw her horse again.
So when your child wants to have fun and live the Rock Star life like Miley Cyrus and Hannah Montana live make sure to get her the best variety of toys at Jakks Pacific. I love the way their website is layed out. My children like to sit with me while I navigate it. It is the best place to get birthday presents that will be a big hit for any age!